Room 12

Room 12

Saturday 25 February 2017

Week 4, Term 1 Poetry: Margaret Wise Brown

IMG_1696.JPG
This week Room 12 made our own "Important Book" inspired by Margaret Wise Brown's book called The Important Book. The Important Book is a series of patterned poems where it describes different parts of an object but always goes back to that one important thing about the object.

To make our own Important Book we interviewed someone in class that we do not know well and asked many questions to find out interesting things about that person. Then we wrote a poem about that person.

So if you've ever wondered what kind of awesome people we are, have a read at this special book!

The above is an example of the Important Book by Matilda about Jamie.

- Writing Team (Scarlett, Sophie L & Georgia)

5 comments:

  1. i wish i could do that in my classroom! from skye room 14 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the stuff you do from skye room 14 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way for you all to find out more about each other! You do have an interesting mix of people with all kinds of interests and skills. I like the way you used different colours in the writing. When I next visit the class, I'd love to see some more examples. Thanks for sharing. Mr. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my number one MATILDA!!!!!!I'm so proud of you Tilly, I hope you and your room are acing the year.

    Best wishes, (ok that's weird)Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool 😎 things you do in your room, I wish I could do that it my room!! :D
    -Hannah room 15

    ReplyDelete