Room 12

Room 12

Monday 25 September 2017

Our Variety Show Experience

Kapa Haka

The curtains are down the lights are dime I hear the footsteps of the narrators Neveem, Georgia, Ella, Jack the curtains slowly open and the lights come on and then everyone cheers and claps then we start our amazing performance. Behind the scenes there were 100 elephants stomping down the stairs i looked up the lights were blue and in front of me there’s a circle window and we wait. We slowly walk on stage to 989 people in front of us our stomachs have butterflies because we were going first. Our performance over everyone was like “how was it” “how was it” “how was it” “it was amazing we can’t wait to get back on stage again” stated the kapa haka group with excitement.
By Georgia and Sophie H


GLEE Performance

When I arrived, Jodie (Sophie’s mum) signed me in and Sophie H in and I was so nervous and scared. Kapa Haka was the first in the performance and then it was a couple of groups before me. When I was walking there I had butterflies in my tummy but at the same time I was jumping up and down so much because even though I was really nervous I was also so excited! I couldn’t stop shaking. When the speakers finished, it was GLEE. There were hundreds and hundreds of people in the crowd. Sophie Wood started talking and then one of the dances started. When it was done I was so relieved!
By Sophie L


Kapa Haka Performance

When I arrived to Bruce mason, I felt anxious in my stomach. I was nervous because my group was going first. I ran down the stairs backstage. We sat down ready to go on the stage with my group. Slowly, the curtain opened. We sang our songs and walked of stage and the audience clapped. I realised that I didn’t need to be nervous because it was actually fun. We ran up the stairs to the Hauraki room and waited for all the groups to finish. So I got some cards pens and colouring book out. Slowly time went and the whole school went on stage to sing we go together and Aotearoa.
By Sophie H


Before the Show

I paced around the room feeling a variety of feelings like nervous, excited, proud, and worried. 5 minutes until the show starts! I paced a little more. When Miss Downson gave us a nod and we stepped onto the stage.
By Ava Garratt

No comments:

Post a Comment